Sunday, March 30, 2008

Why? Because.

Okay. I'm no longer moping (or mopping, for a few who were confused). I got over it. Ethan got over it. He finally went to school on Friday. That made for a very long spring break for Ethan. It just didn't involve a sunny beach on a tropical island.

Today has been a good day with newspaper reading and hot tubbing and snuggling. I have to go to work tomorrow, but after that my week is clear--of work, anyway. The weather doesn't look like it will be too bad either. I am going to be out in it, that's for sure. Friday was nice enough that I dug my bike out of the basement and we rode around the lake to the park. It was so fun to see Gertie playing on the equipment with so much more confidence and ability than even last fall. Ethan was all over the place too. He needed to expend some energy!

I absolutely love riding my bike. It is my favorite exercise. And truthfully, I don't ride my bike like it's exercise, so it doesn't really count. I just like to ride here and there...I'm starting to have the feeling I'm repeating myself. Sorry.

John is fixing steaks for dinner, with baked potatoes. I can't wait. I love this day.


And here are a couple more pictures I took of Ethan and Gertie painting one day while Ethan was home sick. Look at Ethan's tongue! He has always done that when writing or concentrating. I love that. And Gertie is pulling off her sock, which is what she does within 7 minutes of getting the socks on her feet. She even does this in the car when we're headed to the store or church or a friend's house. So I have to go around and put her socks and shoes on again before we can leave the car. Sometimes I'm in a hurry--well, always. This frustrates me. I say to her, "Gertie, please don't do that because we'll be there in just a minute and then you'll have to put them on again. She says, "Okay." And then she takes off her shoes and socks.

Her other favorites right now are "Why?" and "Because." When I ask her to do something she says, "Why?", but when I ask her why she does something, she says, "Because." I say, "Because doesn't tell me anything. You need to say why." She says, (like I asked her to) "Why?" Around we go. I have started saying, "We don't say because." And she says, "Yes, we do."

Do you see my future?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Jessica, Do not worry about the future. Live fully in these present precious times. It is not too long before that little one will fly away to somewhere far away(like Panama) and take a part of your heart with them. Cuddle and paint and love them to pieces. I love you, sweet daughter. You area a good Mom. : )
Judy <><