Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Morning, Sunshine

Not a single alarm went off in the Berke house this morning. It created quite a panic when my faithful youngest woke us at about 7:30 a.m. Our target (and frequently missed) takeoff time is usually 7:40 a.m. We made it by 7:50, I think. I can't vouch for brushed teeth and hair, though.

John's mom has joined our household, for the week, at least. I always enjoy having her here, and so do we all. Grace has an orchestra concert on Thursday night, so we are hoping to take her out for that.

Ethan had a wrestling tournament on Friday night. He wrestled so hard, and we were so proud of him, but he lost the first two matches, so he was out. He had a hard time with that; I think he was expecting to do much better. Wrestling is a sport where you are really fighting your own fight. He still says he loves it. Tonight is the last night. They have a pizza party and Ethan has his heart set on a brand new jacket he earned by having no more than two absences. (He had two. He called it "riding the bubble." Is that a popular expression that I just haven't heard before?)

Anyway, with that over, the kids won't be in any nighttime activities for a bit. I am looking forward to the lull. What will I do with all my free time?

I want to eat popcorn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!Give my mom a big HUG from me(please),and see if she wants to catch up on any of the Morrisons activities via the blog.:)Barb