Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oops, I did it again.





So I felt a little guilty about neglecting Gertie earlier today, and I was eager to cover those naked legs. When Grace came home from school, we went for a little walk in the melting snow.

That occurred right before I dislocated Gertie's elbow again. Of course this was due to the way she just drops her legs out from under herself as I'm holding her hand. This is not a good pattern we are establishing.

As we were leaving the house for Urgent Care, Gertie told me she misses Grandma. This was before we had even left our steps. They must really be bonding. And when we pulled up to Urgent Care she said, "This is going to be really fun." That was before I unbuckled her and touched her arm again. Then she wasn't so sure.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm sorry it happened again. At least this time you knew right away what was wrong. Don't they say that once it pops out once it is more likely to happen again?? I'm not sure what you're supposed to do when they just drop their legs when you're holding their hand. Naturally we want to hold them up instead of just letting them fall?? Is that what you're supposed to do, just let her go? Sorry, long comment, I just feel so bad for you!