Monday, March 3, 2008

Blessings from Above




Well, I must say, it's been a pretty good day, all told.

I had a relatively short work day today, and tomorrow is canceled, probably Wednesday won't go and Thursday is for sure out! I love this kind of week. It occurs because many people, when finally faced with putting their case to trial before a jury or a judge decide it is better to plead guilty and not risk the higher penalties if they are found guilty.

And our Honda. For many months the gears have been slipping occasionally, and finally the engine light has come on. Our mechanic had said at one point some time back that Honda has been pretty good about replacing transmissions for some models, and we should call them, but they charged us $190 and flushed the transmission fluid. (I think that's what they call it.) I am also remembering a postcard we received in the mail about how we are part of a class-action lawsuit against Honda due to transmission failures. Well, I dug around on the internet and saw that there have been many complaints, and that I should call Honda's customer service. I did, and it turns out we are covered under an extended warranty they offer to owners of our model and year because of this problem. Yippee! They will replace our transmission for free. I am pleased with their customer service. Our Honda has almost 90,000 miles on it.

Gertie hasn't had an accident in a week. Not one. I think we're there. This is very good.

All these things are blessings to me from my Lord up above, and I am grateful. Very grateful.

P.S. Still waiting for a picture of Grace with the new haircut. She wears her hair in a ponytail EVERY day, so we're having a hard time getting a picture that reveals a haircut at all. It is forthcoming, though.

No comments: