Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Real Deal

We had Grace's orchestra concert this last Thursday. I was very proud of Grace, and again surprised at how good they sound.

I read Grace's post and thought she didn't do the dollhouse situation justice. This is the typical scene:
John and Marge left this morning. We had a nice time together. I'll miss her. I'm not sure about Gertie, though. She has taken to being quite rude to people at times, Grandma being a main target. Grandma will say something and she'll say, "Don't talk." (Beth, I thought you might appreciate this.) We were in the hot tub the other night, and she said to Grace, "Do you know what?" in a really sweet voice. Grace said, "What?" And Gertie said, "I don't love you." This was also in a really sweet voice, but the message was a little sour. I am to the point of taking her to the no-no chair when she spews out these rude commands and comments. I just don't understand where this comes from, but it can't stay.

Her other latest hobby, when not snapping at us, is covering her body with inappropriate substances. You saw the marker, heard about the nail polish, and now she's moved on to hand sanitizer and liquid soap. Not good. I have confiscated all squirt bottles, pens and nail polish. Anyone out there thinking like a two-year-old? What is next? I need to get ahead of this game.

No comments: