Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aaaahhhhh....



Shhh...Gertie is napping. She's been a bit on the grumpy side this morning, yet, somehow I still like her. John is home and we're having a quiet day. He's playing some good music for me. I never seem to start it up, but I always enjoy it when he fires it up. Thankfully he does that often. I have also been on and off the computer for much of the morning. So, if you haven't already, press play and enjoy this as you read up. We'll be in the same world for a bit.

My friend Amy set me up with a facebook account (if that's the right word). I was mostly interested so I can see her pictures and such (she doesn't blog) and I can see what my little brother and sister might be up to. I've asked to be their "friends." So far my brother has agreed! I definitely feel like I'm sneaking around a high school campus, but I think I can get used to it. Some people have asked to be my "friends" as well, and I do know them, but not that well. I am wondering if I somehow triggered those requests as well. I don't know what I'm doing, and I feel a little silly.

It's been pretty nice around here the last few days. I'm talking 30s, possibly low 40s. The kids have been riding bikes to school, Grace quite reluctantly. On Monday, after I sent Grace off on her bike, it started pouring rain. I went to work in Albert Lea and then they called school off at noon because of a storm a-brewing. We did get a little snow, but not much. Mostly rain. I kind of blew it that day. Not the mother of the year. And I am the littlest bit concerned about Ethan on his bike alone, but I've got him taking a less-traveled route. I love that boy. I'd like to keep him around.

This is what I'm looking forward to: John Prine. John is taking me to his concert next Friday. I love him. We have seen him a couple times, once in Oregon when I was pregnant with Grace. I fell asleep. It wasn't that I was bored, it's just that he's so calming and peaceful and I fell asleep. John still teases me about that today. We were in the 5th row or something like that. Front and center. He never falls asleep. I also fell asleep at a Neil Young concert once. He wasn't calming and peaceful (although he certainly can be). Somehow, I just fell asleep. Now I just send John off to these shows when he gets the chance. He loves them. He is going to see Wilco soon too. I like them a lot as well, but one $45 nap in three months is enough, right?

2 comments:

Judy said...

How nice for your Dad and me to sit and listen to John Prine and Nancy Griffith (we love her, too) knowing that you and John have been relaxing to that music today also. :) Now that you've
"friended" your brother on Facebook, you will have to keep us informed of what he is up to. He never tells us nuttin' :(
Love, Dad and Judy <><

Gina said...

Hiya-
I hope you really enjoy the concert. We really loved the two concerts of his we've seen.