Friday, April 11, 2008

No Pictures, Just Words.

I have arrived at work this morning in the rain. We had some horrible winds yesterday that blew the lid off the hot tub and overturned our canoe. Neither of those things happened all winter long. But we don't have snow...at least not yet. I'd rather not, if my vote counts. We shall see.

Last night we went to the Willy Wonka Jr. play put on by Grace and 75 other middle schoolers. It was hard to hear at times, and some struggled with solos and cracking voices, but overall it was a fun performance that they did a great job with. Grace was an oompa loompa, so got to sing some fun songs. Gertie was enjoying it, singing along, hunting for Grace and clapping on cue.

My most memorable part of the evening occurred when we were about two-thirds of the way through the play. I had Gertie on my lap, she was sitting up, listening very intently, and I start to feel a warm sensation spreading over my lap. I look at Gertie. She doesn't look scared or shocked or concerned in the least bit. She is just watching. She never did acknowledge that she wet her pants, and mine. I whisper over to John what has happened, but what am I to do? We are buried in the middle of a very long row of families enjoying the show. I have no diaper bag with a change of clothes with me. We all rode together, so I can't really leave. I am embarrassed knowing that I'm going to have to make my exit with a large--I mean very large--wet spot on my pants. Thankfully I wore a long coat. We snuck out easily in the end, though.

And tonight we're off to John Prine, where no one will urinate on my lap! I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

heather said...

Have fun tonight!!