Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tonight, I Blog

Well, it's been too long, but sometimes I just don't know what I'll write about. We just had John's sister Nancy here for a couple of days, and that was nice. Her health isn't good, so things were pretty low key, but we had time for lots of chatting and a couple movies. We got to hear many stories of her granddaughter Kaelyn (I hope I spell that right). She sounds like a spitfire. We still haven't met her, but this makes me more eager. I'm sure she and Gertie would have a great time together. We took a picture after the farewell lunch at the Old County Buffet. John and I like to go there when we go to Rochester. You'd think we might pick a classy joint in the big city, but we like to eat with the old people. I like gravy.


We arrived home in time so that Gertie and I could ride over to pick Ethan up from school on my bike. I had been working so hard with him when we'd go in the morning to make sure that he knew where he was going so that he could ride by himself if he needed to. Well, yesterday he needed to. He made it to school just fine...it was the coming home. I guess he got lost. I'm not sure how lost because I was napping (I love napping), but I figured we must need to review the return trip route as well (even though it's the same as the route he takes on the way to school, just in the reverse). He led the way, and figures he now understands where he went wrong. I love that kid.



Gertie played in her new sandbox, which she LOVES. She stands at the back door and asks for "box, sand, box, sand" and then gets quite upset with me when I say no. So I said yes this time.











And then she did it. She made the stress face right while I was snapping pictures. She's been doing this since she was so tiny. It is very strange, and now she'll do it on command every once in a while, but this one was voluntary. Notice the little fists that go along with it. Strange child.




Well, shortly after this picture was taken we raced off to football with Ethan. He is fun to watch, he's so serious about football. I love it--

and yes, I also love to chat with all the other moms that deliver their strapping young boys to the field to burn up energy. We have a good time.




I took this video mostly with my Dad in mind, but he'll probably never see it. I know it will be grainy, but look for Ethan, he's the center, and he sticks with the blocking to the end. They were just scrimmaging, so it isn't a real game. Maybe if this is works out, I'll try to get a good piece of game footage when it comes along.


And last, but not least, as I've been down here blogging, thinking my kids are all in bed, Grace comes in to show me the t-shirt she just decorated for school and the homecoming football game tomorrow night. I love it, and I hope you do too.

So, my husband is relaxing on the couch with a football game on the tv. The homework is done, the teeth are brushed, the kitchen is clean (well, sort of) and I have kicked off my shoes and I'm playing on the computer. Life is good.

I thank God for these moments. I thank Him for the way His Word convicts my heart right after I lose my cool with my son who wants a second bowl of mush when there are six minutes to bed, then he adds too much water so he won't eat it.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:12-14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica, I will make sure your father gets to see the video. He will love seeing his little athletic grandson playing football. Love, Judy <><

grace said...

Isn't my shirt the best! i got like, 20 compliments and inquires about it.

you left that part out