Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Morning. Ahhhhh...






(Oops. Sideways again. i thought I had that figured out.)

It's Saturday morning. John went to get donuts when he picked up his Saturday morning paper. We are spread out over the dining room table with newspaper, donut crumbs, laptop and cereal bowls.
Grace likes to eat cereal after donuts because otherwise you get a stomach ache. I agree, but I just live with the stomach ache. I don't know why we like donuts so much when they make us sick, literally. They are just so good going down. I ate a chocolate cake donut with nuts on it. I love those, and the cake donuts frosted with maple and nuts. Yummy.
Anyway, everyone slept in this morning. I love that. Well, Gertie and I didn't sleep in. She woke up at 6:50 a.m., which she's been doing more often lately. But that's really okay. I'm kind of an earlybird myself. We had a good morning. And I like the quiet house knowing that my family are all settled in with those precious sleep faces on, including John.
John back is feeling steadily better and better. It's hard to trust because it collapsed on us last week, but he just needs to continue to take it easy. Don't get overzealous.



On the agenda today is get Grace's room into order. The issue is mostly clothes. You need to see this. Granted, she is super busy. I feel like I didn't see her this week. She had a tennis match on Tuesday that brought her home at 8:30 p.m. Bedtime at our house is 8 p.m. Wednesday night she came home from tennis practice at 5 p.m., only to leave for church at 5:30. Thursday was another tennis meet that brought her home at 7:15.
I really miss this messy girl of mine. I hate it, to tell you the truth. I am happy for her to find things that bring her joy, but I like having her around. I don't know if this is just another phase of this journey into becoming more independent and separating from Mom and Dad a little, or if I need to pull in the reigns. I praying about that.
Ethan fell off his bike on the way home from school yesterday. Thankfully, I was with him, and he wasn't hurt too badly. He had a sweatshirt and jeans on, but he was a bit shaken up. He said his backpack strap got caught in his spokes. That was a bummer. Here he is loving up his little sister. Gertie calls him Egan now. She LOVES this brother God picked out for her. It brings me much joy to watch them together.

No comments: