Friday, September 7, 2007

Oh, this is fun

Guess what I got last night? A new laptop. We've been having long faces around here dealing with our old computer. I was pushing for a laptop because I just learned that wireless is acquired by purchasing a router. One time. I thought that wireless was a more expensive service provided by an internet provider. Boy, do I feel dumb.

Beth is here. She has set me up so I'm wireless on my new laptop and she's been transferring files all day. It is heaven. I feel so like you now, Heather. John is worried I'll get carried away. I swear I won't.

In other news, the kids have completed their first week of school. All went well. I'm glad the weekend is here and the week was a short one. I have missed the kids. Grace has expressed a few times that she misses her family. She is at tennis until almost 5 p.m. every day. I miss her. By the time she comes home, eats dinner, does homework, prepares for the next day (which is an exhausting task, if you know Grace) it's pretty much time for bed.

My mom is coming down this weekend to join Beth and the rest of us. It should be a good time. We have nothing special planned, but I'm still looking forward to it. I finally put my suitcase away this morning. I don't want to go anywhere for a while.

John declared that this morning, for the first time, he feels like he has nothing to do. A new feeling. I'm sure it will be fleeting. I think he meant mostly in relation to work, though. I like having him home, but find it strange that we do so much running around and projects and errands that it seems like we hardly really see each other most days. I don't like that.

Well, Grace just got home, so I'm signing off. Quality time.

No comments: