Saturday, August 18, 2007

We're on Our Way Home

Well, we have left the sand and surf for Minnesota. It was a great time of relaxing, visiting and eating--way too much. The meals were quite a production since we were cooking for 15.

It was fun to reacquaint with my sister Abby. She's a lovely young lady. I love knowing her as an adult. John was impressed with her thoughtful opinions and her sense of humor. Could it be that it goes so well with his? Anyway, we enjoyed you, Abby, if you're out there.

Beth's baby belly is bigger than I thought it would be. She seemed tired, but still fun to be with. She didn't venture out to the ocean too much, but when she did, I found her great company because I had to spend much of my time along the shoreline watching Gertie splash in the tidal pools and pile up sand on my legs (anything to please the toddler), and that's where Beth hung out. She didn't want to surf with the big baby growing going on.

We didn't get to see turtles hatch this year, and that was dissappointing, but when we thought of all the times we have, we still feel blessed.

Mark and Janine were good enough to host us for a late night overnight before we drove ALL THE WAY to Indiana today. Most all of it went well. I think there is even hope that we'll arrive at home late tomorrow. I'm trying not to set my hopes too high.

I can't wait to get home so I can post more pictures and get this going with a little more everyday life news. Actually, it will probably be less interesting than the travel diary, but such is life.

The kids are excited to find out who their teachers are and start school. I always love the fall when all the schedules kick in again. It's a good feeling after a crazy summer.

Pray for safe travel for us tomorrow, happy parents, happy kids. We're on our way home.

2 comments:

heather said...

Hope your trip home went well (and quick!). So glad you had a great vacation and we got a glimpse of it here on your blog!!

So excited to see more of your everyday life as well! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Anonymous said...

Abby is out there...sitting on the couch as I write this. I read it to her and she smiled. I am glad you started this blog. It will be fun to read. However, nothing beats a good phone call. I love you all very much.
Judy/Nana <><