Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A New Day

Today has been a lazy day on our very slow trip to the beach. It was a day without driving, following a day with much driving, that went better than I expected for Gertie, and it didn't even involve drugs to induce sleep--in her or in me.

Yesterday we stopped off to visit my Grandpa, who turns 95 in a few days. He was looking great and we shared a meal before he shooed us out the door.



The kids have played hard today at the pool in the sweltering heat. Gertie and Sawyer made beautiful music together.





Heather worked with Grace to make this very cool book Grace plans to fill with her summer memories this year. Isn't it cute?



This is my first time, and the pressure is on to be creative, and I come up short. But I will forge ahead. Tomorrow is a new day...

5 comments:

heather said...

Yay! We're so excited to be able to keep up on your family with your new blog! I'm looking forward to lots of updates!!
We had so much fun visiting with your family... hopefully we can do it again very soon. Love you guys!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

It will take time to feel comfortable with blogging! I'm still not real good at it yet. But keep it up and it will turn out just fine!

Anonymous said...

hey guys it's karyn. grace's scrapbook is really cute! so are gertie and sewyer! i hope you guys are having an awsome trip, and i can't wait to see wait else you put up on the blog. see you soon!

Nicole said...

Welcome to the blog world! I'm Nicole... Heather's friend in Michigan! Its great to hear you started a blog!

Nicole
www.nbarczak.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace, it's Britta.
Sounds like your haveing a blast! It's cool that you have a blog thing! Can't wait to see you when you get back!

lot's of love,
Britta