Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just Another Day at the Beach

Well, here I am, sitting at the kitchen counter while my sister Julie runs the Beach-week Beauty shop. She's dying hair; I'm going to have her cut my hair, Grace is looking for a new style. She says she doesn't mind. Really.

We've been enjoying the beach. The big boys are into charging waves, boogie-boarding, hunting small fish in the tidal pools. That's only the beach activity. When they venture inside they are playing Pokemon in closet (we think this might be to avoid the younger kids), Playstation and board games and card games. They're having a great time.

Grace has been accepted into the bigger kid crowd. There are many teenage kids around here that are friends of my Dad's family. They have included her in surfing and even the late night games. She walked into the house at midnight last night. That was strange for me. She's growing up. Too fast.

Tate just plays in the waves along the shoreline. He jumps waves and falls into them. He hunts fish. He's got a big smile and entertains himself much of the time. He loves it. He's also built a super cool dribble sand castle or two.

Our Gertie likes the water. She'll go out into the deeper water with me and she seems to really like it. Mostly, though, she likes to bury me in sand a little, then she'll rinse off, then add a little more sand. I don't get to body surf as much as I used to, but I'm having a great time playing with her and visiting with Julie and Abby.

John has been running for groceries many times, and he's in charge of the feast tonight. I think we're having shiskebobs (I realize I have no idea how to spell that).

All is going well and we're having a relaxing and fun time catching up with each other. Beth has been cooking for us the last few days. She made picadillo, which has been a beach tradition for the last few years. We eat that up. She made something new for lunch today which was a noodle dish with other healthy things. It tasted healthy, but good. She's got a belly to behold and she's a little sleepier than I remember her. Can't wait to see that baby.

Maybe I'll try to take a few pictures today so I can post some. Mark and Janine are coming over for their vacation today, so we're going to visit them tomorrow. That should be fun. We're going to try to lure them to Sunset Beach, too, for a day.

Well, it's almost my turn. I just love a haircut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess!(& Grace) Sounds like you have got a great day going on! I do too! It's sunny and warm like an August day should be. Becky called me bright and early:)Savannah called to chat.I'm having shrimp for my lunch,thanks to Trish (and Red Lobster.)I just had a BEAUTIFUL bouquet (sp)of flowers delivered from my Mom:)Tonite Heidi& Gabe are bringing dinner,and we will end the day with cake and ice cream.Can you guess what day it is BESIDES Tuesday??(as Savannah told me)It's My(BIG) BIRTHDAY!I had to say that,cuz I know how bad John is with remembering b-days.LOL!!I'ts great to hear what you guys are up to. Hugs to all. Mark and his family,too. Love ya!!