Friday, February 22, 2008

Unkept Promises



Well, I just can't keep a promise about blogging more often. I want to, but not, I guess, more than I want to sleep or eat. And Gertie doesn't happen to be the kind of child that plays on her own while I tool around on the computer. She likes to be played with. It is making me contemplate a second child--or is that fourth? What I really need to be working on is a play date for her, I suppose. I used to be part of a play group that met once a week, but we kind of crumbled. Maybe it's time to try again.



Anyway, I wanted to blog about Ethan getting his braces off.


He looks great! It hurt him a little when the gal started to grind the glue off his teeth, but he braved it out. Here is the handsome little devil now. Just look at those shiny whites!



I got a new camera (I should say we), and I am loving using it. I was inspired by Heather (thanks, Heather, I hope you're out there!) She always takes such great pictures of her kids. I am sure this takes some talents that I don't have (yet) about knowing how to make a good shot, but at least I now have a camera that I can take some close-ups with. And it has a big window that gives me tips on what I should be doing. The one thing I was worried about was getting a better camera and never using the features. I am going to try. I'm loving it so far.



Today is Gertie's birthday. We've been having a good time. I've been taking lots of pictures, but I'll work on that post tonight or maybe tomorrow. She is a smart little cookie and we're all crazy about her. I want to go on, but I'm saving it for tomorrow. I need to wrap presents for a little party later.

3 comments:

heather said...

Happy Birthday Gertie!!

Judy said...

Our sweet little Gertie has just entered the TERRIFIC TWOs!! Or could it be the THRILLING THREES??
Love, Nana and Papa <><

Anonymous said...

Hey E - they are looking GREAT! Good for U! Love, GMM