Thursday, February 14, 2008

General Chit Chat


These are just some pictures because I haven't posted any in a while.

We just got back from the orthodontist. I thought Ethan was going to get his braces off today, but I guess they just make a mold of his teeth for the retainer today, and then next week he gets the braces off. He was disappointed. He told EVERYBODY at school that today was the day. Of course, that was only because that's what I told him. Now he has to go back to school tomorrow looking just the same as he did today. Mothers really do destroy lives. (Right, mom?)

Anyway, it's been a good week around here. Gertie and I went to story time at the library again. I think I just go there for myself. She just stares at the librarian as she does her little word plays or rhyming songs. I am the one singing and doing the motions. Today I learned how to say, "You are my friend" in sign language.

We had great discussions in Bible study the other day about "fearing" God. Our teacher gave a good analogy about the fear she had of her father growing up. He wasn't mean and didn't beat them or anything, but his kids jumped when he said jump. It was just making me think about when my husband is harsh with the kids, and I think he should be more gentle, maybe there is a reason he isn't . I think that's okay. Maybe there is a place in life and relationships for that sternness sometimes. Anyway, John isn't overly harsh. He has a lot of fun with the kids, which makes me think of the valentines we got from Grace this morning.

Dear Mom, I've decided to send people notes instead of cards this year. Here is a list of the things I want you to know.
1. I love you!
2. I want to keep a strong relationship.
3. I missed you a lot during the last few months.
4. I love you!!.
5. I love to talk with you.
6. I know I can talk with you.
7. You're always willing to help me.
8. You want the best for me.
9. I love you!!!
10. You mean the world to me.

To her dad she wrote:
-I love you to the moon and back.
-You rock my world.
-Nobody could have a better sense of humor.
-You are a great teacher to me.
-I love your guitar.
-I love that you accept my music taste, but hate it.
-I love your PB sandwiches.
-I love our discussions over religion and politics.

I love that girl.

2 comments:

Judy said...

How I wish you were sitting next to me on the couch having a chit chat. But reading your blog is the next best thing. Love you, Judy <><

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, My Dear Daughter... you are so right! And on the telephone this evening I thought you told me you blogged but there was nothing in it except pictures ... I disagree - In this entry there is a huge part of lives everywhere. You get it! ... and I love you for who you are. Keep up the great work!

Many times I found myself in the very same position as you at the library story hour... It was great! LOL

Mommy