Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ho hum...

What to say, what to say?...It's been a busy week. Grace had her first summer cello lesson this week. Her teacher just graduated from high school. She hadn't met him before today. She said he is a nice guy. She said she didn't do as well as she could have during her lesson, but I'm sure she'll work on that. She really hasn't practiced since school was let out.

Ethan was hurt pretty badly at the last baseball game. He was playing catcher and as one of the hitters released the bat, he swung it loose to strike EJ in the arm. Ethan loves being catcher, though, and he made a really great play called a collision (I hope that's right) where the runner came at him pretty fast, but he was able to tag him out. Ethan said it hurt, but it was a badge of honor. This guy came and took pictures, and these are some of them...I just really like that kid.


My long vacation from work starts this Friday. We are headed back to South Dakota, and John's brother Dan and his family and his sister Barb and her hubby will be there. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up. I am very much looking forward to a week of not having to go to work. And then I just have to finish out this month of July. When I review in my mind that today is only July 1, it is again seeming so far away. I'll make it! As Gertie and the Little Engine that could like to say, "I think I can. I think I can."

A funny little note on Gertie. She must have heard me call Ethan "Ethan James" too many times because she seems to think we're all named _____________ James. The other day I wasn't listening so well, and she said, "Mommy James!" And then tonight I was asking her if she was a princess or a fairy, and she said, "I'm Gertie James!" I know she's called Grace "Gracie James" as well. Funny little kid.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Gertie is too funny! However, I seem to remember Beth and I calling you Jessie James a time or two while growing up :)

Gina said...

Those are great pictures!
Have a great week off, hope we see you all some.