Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Up and Down

  • We were supposed to have jury trials today and they all settled!
  • I ate my leftover salad at lunch for the second day in a row, which wouldn't be so bad except that the salad wasn't that good the first day.
  • I got great bargains when school supply shopping with Grace.
  • I fell down the stairs when trying to race out the door to Grace's cello lesson. My arms were full of library books and Gertie. My knee hurts, but other than that, we're okay.
  • We were only four minutes late to Grace's lesson.
  • I got pulled over by a police officer on my way to pick Grace up from her lesson.
  • She didn't give me a ticket!

And as a side note, when the police officer took my license back to her car, I was explaining to Ethan that I had been speeding, I shouldn't have, and I was going to get a ticket. He was asking some more questions as Gertie started saying, "I want a ticket. I want a ticket." When the police officer came back to my window carrying only my driver's license and no ticket, I was thanking her, and she was walking away, Gertie was starting to cry that she wanted a ticket. If I'd had more time, I would have asked the officer to oblige--for Gertie, I mean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I know is that was a huge stack of library books. I hope you can speed read! Gertie is so funny!

Judy said...

Was the officer a nice looking man who was influenced by the charming young mother driving way too fast with sore knees and an adamant toddler? Or could it be that he caught a glimpse of the infamous Black Flea riding incognito in the car and feared for his life???

Judy said...

Uh, oh...I just re-read your post and see that the police officer was a woman. Therefore, she was definitely scared of the Black Flea. <><