Monday, January 14, 2008

I'll Fly Away

Well, today is the day! Gertie is napping and I am finishing rounding things up for our trip. My sister may have that baby by the time I take my first step on Arizona soil. I'm thinking that little girl will have dark hair, like her dad, but we shall see.

I'm going to miss the rest of my bunch. It is a busy week here, as my husband has finally re-entered the world of working-for-a-living. He's already told me that his internet course has a few kinks. I'm sure they'll iron out quickly.

Ethan had his first wrestling tournament this year. He wrestled three times and won each match. I'm glad he likes it, but I can almost not even stand to watch these matches happen. It's like watching your son in a physical fight, it seems. Even if he wins, there are usually moments when he's being twisted and pushed and thrown around. I keep wanting to run in there and pull those boys apart. But I guess he thinks it's great.

Grace is in the spelling bee tomorrow. I am very sad to miss it. John will be able to be there to mouth the spellings to her if she doesn't know how a word is spelled. That's not cheating, is it? I'm sure she'll do well. My prayer for her is that she'll not make any silly mistakes. She'll only misspell a word if she truly doesn't know how to spell it.

Pray for my family, please. Pray that Gertie and I travel well together, that arriving at the airport at almost midnight works okay, as I'm by myself with a (hopefully) sleeping little one. Pray that the kids are helpful to John and that he is patient with them. Pray that my sister delivers a healthy baby without complications.

No comments: