Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nacho Average Blog







We had our Halloween, which was a good time even though it wasn't the usual for us. We had almost no trick-or-treaters, so now we have more chocolate than I'd like to have on the premises. We trick-or-treated a few homes then headed off to church for our party. I think the kids had a great time with their friends. Gertie was allowed two pieces of candy, which she smeared all over her fingers and face, but thoroughly enjoyed. Not any great pictures, but I'll share anyway. My few pics of the kids out and about turned out blurry. It is ridiculous to me that I don't know how to use my camera any better than I do. In case any of you don't recognize an alien when you see one, that is the green-faced creature that resembles my son. The elderly woman in the center of the photo is actually Grace, and her friend Karyn is next to her. Gertie went as Piglet (costume donated by Cousin Becca).

We have a quiet weekend planned. I am doing load after load of laundry. It is scary to me how quickly it piles up. And yet, the socks continue to disappear. Very fishy.

Gertie was up at 5:13 a.m. this morning calling out, "Daddy, song. Mommy, song." Do any of you sing at 5:13 in the morning? I certainly don't. Needless to say, she took an early nap.

We have a man here working on fixing our doors, so our home is cold, except for the fire in the fireplace. I love that. And I can't tell you how much joy and satisfaction it brings me to have projects around the home finished off after I've been living with them for a year. It makes me smile continuously.

John even installed a new garbage disposal this week. Now if I could just remember that I can actually throw food waste into it, instead of into the garbage, we'll be set.

We watched Nacho Libre last night. I should say the kids watched; I slept. They loved it, and I was laughing it up a few times before I dropped off.

I'm going to take the boards out of our dock and see if I can help John get it out of the water. I don't think we should delay much further. I'm not expecting that project to go smoothly, but we'll see. Then I think I'll warm up in the hot tub. Aaahh.

No comments: