Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update

Ethan cut his bangs with his pocket knife Grace gave him for his birthday. I survived 11 years of never having this occur in my family. I recall Grace confessing to me one day that she cut one of her Barbie's hair, but never did either of them cut their own hair until now. HE'S NINE! Aren't kids 3 or 4 when they do this? He had even said to me, "These little scissors are just like barber scissors." It never occurred to me. Well, he was precious when he confessed it, Grace by his side. He offered to give up his pocket knife for two weeks. (Oh, please, don't throw me in that briar patch!) I love that lopsided looking boy of mine.

Gertie swallowed a penny yesterday. John and I go round and round because he really fights with Gertie about what she puts in her mouth, and I'm more likely to just let it go. Well, not anymore. I thought she was going to choke to death. It was horrible. He's been telling her "Only food in your mouth." She was telling Ethan that the other day when he put something in his mouth. Now she says to people, "Choke penny. Mommy scared." She's got that right. I'm joining in the montra now. (And looking for a missing penny)

We are going to watch Grace in her Seussical musical tonight. I am excited. She has told me she doesn't think they're ready, but I'm sure they'll do great. Then the other thing I'm excited about is that she'll be done with one more activity. Now she'll be down to gymnastics, and the Christmas orchestra for church, both things she is very excited about.

Gertie just woke up, so I need to sign off. I had so much more to say...

2 comments:

Beth said...

What, no picture of the lopsided haircut?

Judy said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Beth. Great minds think alike. We're probably the kind of people that run down the block to see the fire or the accident...we want to see the damage!! And Ethan is too cute regardless of hair!!