Monday, November 12, 2007

Bowling


This is my 9-year-old. We had a great time bowling. We fought and fought with Ethan to put the bumpers up for our games, and I'm glad he finally gave in. He thought they were something else (I'm not sure what), but he was glad for them when we got there.

I loved watching the kids wrestle with this heavy ball as they tried to aim it down the alley. It was comical. (Of course, I couldn't see myself as I waddled up to the line. I'm sure it wasn't much better.)

They gave us a tour of the back where the big machine picks up the fallen pins and reloads them. It was very interesting. They also gave Ethan a bowling pin. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

When we were done we all loaded up into two cars and left. Without paying. I did realize this, so I went back, but my purse was in the other car. I love these gracious small town businesses. They didn't make me polish bowling shoes or anything, they just told me to come back later. I did.

We came home to blow out candles and eat cake and ice cream. Ethan had a great time with Kory and it was a successful celebration.

Yesterday I napped. It was beautiful outside and we've got yard work that needed to be done, but I napped. So did Gertie. She slept about 4 hours and woke up in her all time best mood. She was giggling until we tucked her in.

This morning John and I are off to run errands. Our door man is here and he thinks he'll be done today!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You know, at least your door man is going to get it done before the snow flies(HE THINKS)!!!!

grace said...

first of all, ethan thought that bumpers were those metal things that disabled or really little kids use, kinda like a ramp. Second, now we might not get the door done because our builder is busy with other things (He got in trouble with the law a while ago and is having some problems now i guess). Not so good