Monday, December 10, 2007

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

We had a fun Sunday with the church Christmas program. Grace was in the orchestra and it was tremendous. I loved every second of it. I am amazed at how much I enjoy orchestras and band concerts now. As a young person, and even as a young(er) adult I didn't particularly care for them. I was never in band or orchestra and didn't appreciate that type of music, particularly. Now, every time I see a parade or concert, I just eat it up. It makes me wonder if I'd like the opera or more symphony orchestra programs. I may need to check them out.

Anyway, back to Sunday. Ethan had a solo to sing, and he did a fine job. We were proud parents. Gertie remained quiet (enough) for us, as well as those around us, to enjoy the program.

Then we came home and got to see the Patriots beat the Steelers. We had a quiet afternoon, including, once again, naps for Gertie and I. I feel like I do a little too much sleeping, but it feels so good.

John pulled out the old Strat-O-Matic Football game and worked with Ethan all afternoon to create all the missing pieces. (He complained about it later, but I didn't believe he hated it even for a second.) He loves that game, and up until Playstation entered the picture, he would play himself every once in a while. Quite the challenge.

This is our busy night with Ethan going to piano, Grace to gymnastics and then Ethan to wrestling. There isn't time for a family meal together anywhere in there. I hate that. But John was talking about making stir fry. I love that.

No comments: