Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Is that Dad and Ethan in a Hot Tub?

I rousted John at 6:07 a.m. He was not ready. But he loves his children and a good surprise, so he got up, woke Ethan, and they climbed out into the hot tub. After a few minutes I woke Gracie up and told her I wanted to get some Bible study done this morning with her (she started a study in the mornings, but has been a little lax the last few days when she's feeling tired). Anyway, that got her out of bed without much suspicion.

When she came down, I asked her to let Uma out, which she did, but she didn't even look out the door. So I said, "Would you check on her to make sure she's okay?" My obedient daughter did this without complaint, even though it was a ridiculous request, and it was then that she saw her Dad and her brother relaxing in the hot tub that she didn't know existed. She had a very confused, but excited look on her face. I threw her a swimsuit and she was out the door in record time.

It is a memory we get to share. And I hope we'll pile them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Thanks for the invite to read your blog; it's a hoot. Great photos of the famz, but where's Jess in the pix? come on, now.

Peace and Love,

Jarett Bies

Anonymous said...

hey jessica, thanks for inviting me, i was going to ask you what the site was since you have been talking about it!! I love it! I just might have to start blogging too!!!!!
See you tomorrow!!!
Megan