Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Gertie's Bike and Easter 015 Yesterday Gertie and I went to an Easter egg hunt at a local church.  We had so much fun.  They went all out with a bunch of carnival games and a puppet show and cookies and punch and a truckload of eggs out on the big church lawn. 

John hurt his back again on Thursday, so he’s been laid up since then.  I’ve realized (not that I had any illusions otherwise) that I don’t make a good Dad.  In my house the good Dad cooks and grocery shops and takes very good care of his family.  I help, but we make a good team.  I like the team.

 

Pray for speedy recovery for him.  This tends to take him out for a good while.

Gertie's Bike and Easter 025 We also decorated eggs yesterday.  It was a great time, as usual, and these are the favorite works of art from each of my kiddos.

Gertie's Bike and Easter 024 Gertie’s still got the napped-on remains of the bunny painted on her face at the egg hunt.  Gertie was quite impressive in our own personal egg hunt this morning.  She held her own with the big kids.  And if she thought Ethan found too many eggs, she just took them out of his basket and put them into hers.

Gertie's Bike and Easter 023 Grace was off to church early to prepare to play her cello as part of the worship team.  She did great, and I was a proud Mama watching her.  Ethan was in the service too, swinging flags.  Very fun to watch.  I barely pulled off getting the ham and potatoes in the oven before we left for church, but our dinner was delicious, even though my hands were the ones that prepared it.  I am thankful for that.

And I’m so so thankful that Christ rose from the grave on this day many years ago.  I needed it.

Happy Easter, all.

No comments: