Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Baby is Three


It is late and quiet around here tonight. I've been wanting to post some pictures of Gertie's third birthday. She had a good time playing with her Grandma Mary and eating cake--I mean, frosting. She is completely on board with being three, and never needs reminding.

What do I say about my three-year-old? She comes into my room very sweet and happy in the mornings. I love that. She promises me she's going to be quiet and sleep, but she wiggles non-stop and talks and sings. And I just smile. But I'm still too slow to get out of bed. She likes a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. I believe this is because Ethan is usually making one for his lunchbox, and they look so good. She asks me if we can turn something on t.v. for her, and I usually do. She seems to have no absolute favorites, just a variety of kid shows she likes.

So, my baby is three now. Time really flies. And it really hits me when I look at my big kids. I just don't understand how I got to be the mom of this 12-year-old and this 10-year-old. They're so big and independent and fun.


But back to the little one. She loved having her Grandma here. They like each other. A lot. That makes me happy.
Gertie liked her frosting so much that she used her index finger to remove all the remaining frosting from the leftover pieces of cake the next morning. Personally, I liked the cake better. Gertie and I make a good team.We were treated to another magic show by Ethan. I must say, he's improving some of these tricks. And, boy-oh-boy, does he need a haircut or what. I'll get right on that.

Tomorrow I work, and we're supposed to have a doozy of a storm. John will be feeling miserable, I'm fairly sure, and I am guessing Grace will be home from school again. Tricky. So I'd better get myself some sleep, because who knows what the morning will bring.

No comments: